At the onset of the pandemic, we established a Coronavirus Emergency Fund, supporting Virtua’s efforts to meet the growing needs of our patients, community, and our health care workers. Since March 2020, countless generous donors have given to support this effort.
Together, we are getting back to good health.
About the Coronavirus Emergency Fund
The outpouring of kindness and support we received from our community and generous donors since the onset of the COVID-19 pandemic has been truly inspirational. Virtua’s Coronavirus Emergency Fund has supported our health care team’s efforts to meet the growing needs of our patients, community, and our health care workers. We are pleased to share that since March 2020, countless generous donors have given to support this effort.
Through your generosity, in 2020 we were able to:
- Distribute more than 16,519 bags of free food to local residents facing food insecurity.
- Undertake an innovative telehealth expansion to provide virtual care to patients.
- Support remote patient monitoring (RPM) efforts with the purchase of 200 Bluetooth-enabled biometric kits.
- Purchase disposable repositioning slings for patients with COVID-19.
- Study how the pandemic is affecting the mental health of critical care nurses with Rutgers University.
- Fund a range of clinical studies that will help us understand the impact of COVID-19 on our patients and community.
- Support 118 Virtua colleagues in financial crisis through our Colleague Care Fund.
By making a philanthropic gift to our Coronavirus Emergency Fund, you can help our care team continue to respond to the growing needs of our community, today!
Are you interested in providing a meal to Virtua’s front-line staff?
If you would like to express your gratitude to Virtua’s care teams by supplying a meal to our front-line staff, we are happy to help make arrangements. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and a member of our philanthropy team will assist you.
Help Feed Our Neighbors in Need
Since 2017, Virtua Health’s Eat Well Food Access Program has provided innovative solutions to address food insecurity across South Jersey. Unfortunately, because of the coronavirus pandemic, the ability to access food for many of our neighbors has become an even greater challenge.
With the support of our generous donors, at the onset of the pandemic Virtua adapted its programs to ensure that those in need could continue to receive healthy, quality food from a safe, reliable source while following guidelines for social distancing.
We’re Counting on Your Philanthropic Support
We’re relying on the support of our philanthropic partners to continue our work to reduce food insecurity across South Jersey. Learn more about supporting Virtua’s Eat Well food access programs here.
Stay Informed: COVID-19 Resource Center
Virtua continues to prioritize your safety. For information about services, testing, visiting, and vaccination, click here.